Practice solving fractional equations word problems.
Submit your word problem on fractional equations:
Are you looking for fractional equations word problems?
TuLyn is the right place. We have tens of word problems on fractional equations and hundreds on other math topics.
Below is the list of all word problems we have on fractional equations.
Fractional Equations Word Problems
- A town`s old street sweeper (#990)
A town's old street sweeper can clean the streets in 60 h. The old sweeper together with a new sweeper can clean the streets in 15 ...
- An intake pipe can fill a certain tank (#448)
An intake pipe can fill a certain tank in 6 hours when the outlet pipe is closed, but with the outlet pipe open it takes 9 ...
- Cary spent 1/3 of his time working on fractions (#1595)
Cary spent 1/3 of his time working on fractions and 3/6 of his time working on algebra. He spent the last 10 minutes of his class reading a chapter in his ...
- Diophantus was a famous Greek mathematician (#1045)
Diophantus was a famous Greek mathematician who lived and worked in Alexandria, Egypt, probably in the third century A.D. After he died, someone described his life in this puzzle:
He was a boy for 1/6 of his life.
After 1/12 more, he acquired a beard.
After another 1/7, he married.
In the fifth year after his marriage his son was born.
The son lived half as many years as his father.
Diophantus died 4 years after his ...
- Fractional Equations (#5481)
joey knows a route from 10th and maple to 29th and cedar that is 4/1/2 inches long on his map. the scale of his map is 3/4inch to one mile. which equation could be used to how many long joeys route is
- Fractional Equations (#5688)
roger has 2.30 in dimes and nickles. There are 5 more dimes than nickels, find the number of each kind of coin that he has
- Fractional Equations (#7457)
cary spent 1/3 of his class working on fraction problems and 3/6 of his class working on algebra problems. He spent the last 10 minutes of his class reading a chapter in his ...
- Fractional Equations (#8419)
A toy savings bank contains $17.30 consisting of nickels, dimes and quarters. Thenumber of dimes exceeds twice the number of nickels by 3, and the number of quarters is 4 less than 5 times the number of ...
- Fractional Equations (#8624)
How much water must be evaporated from a 300 L tank of a 2% salt solution to obtain a 5% solution?
- Fractional Equations (#10233)
BOY BOUGHT 3/8 OF HIS MONEY FOR BOOK AND 1/2 OF HIS REMAINING MONEY OF $6.25...
- Jill ran up the hill (#1252)
Jill ran up the hill at 6 km/hr and down at 10 km/...
- One eighth of a number (#1151)
One eighth of a number is ten less than one fifth of the ...
- The numerator of a fraction (#2418)
The numerator of a fraction is 19 less than the denominator. If the value of the fraction is 3/8...
- The sum of 2 numbers (#2654)
The sum of 2 numbers is 30, and their quotient is 2/3...
- The sum of the reciprocals of two consecutive even integers (#2558)
The sum of the reciprocals of two consecutive even integers is 13/84...
- The total cost of a radio and a camera (#2374)
The total cost of a radio and a camera is $1650. If the radio costs 4/7 as much as the ...
- Tina hiked 15km up a mountain trail (#993)
Tina hiked 15km up a mountain trail. Her return trip along the same trail took 30 minutes less because she was able to increase her speed by 1km/...
- What number must be added to both the numerator and the denominator (#2419)
What number must be added to both the numerator and the denominator of the fraction 5/11 to make the result equal 5/9?
Find word problems and solutions on equations.