Speed is the rate of motion, or equivalently the rate of change in position, often expressed as distance d traveled per unit of time t.
Speed is a scalar quantity with dimensions distance/time; the equivalent vector quantity to speed is known as velocity. Speed is measured in the same physical units of measurement as velocity, but does not contain the element of direction that velocity has. Speed is thus the magnitude component of velocity.
In mathematical notation, it is simply: v = d / t
where v:speed, d:distance, and t:time.
Many students find speed difficult. They feel overwhelmed with speed homework, tests and projects. And it is not always easy to find speed tutor who is both good and affordable. Now finding speed help
is easy. For your speed homework, speed tests, speed projects, and speed tutoring needs, TuLyn is a one-stop solution. You can master hundreds of math topics by using TuLyn.
At TuLyn, we have over 2000 math video tutorial clips including speed videos
, speed practice word problems
, speed questions and answers
, and speed worksheets
Our speed videos
replace text-based tutorials and give you better step-by-step explanations of speed. Watch each video repeatedly until you understand how to approach speed problems and how to solve them.
- Hundreds of video tutorials on speed make it easy for you to better understand the concept.
- Hundreds of word problems on speed give you all the practice you need.
- Hundreds of printable worksheets on speed let you practice what you have learned by watching the video tutorials.
How to do better on speed: TuLyn makes speed easy.
Finding The Average Speed Video Clip
Speed Time Distance Video Clip
Top Speed Word Problems
Homework Help Questions
- A plane flies 2000 kilometers in 4 hours. What is the speed of the plane?
- Angelo is skating at a speed of 3.5m/s. If he has travelled a distance of 15000 cm,how many minutes did it take him to cover this distance?
- It takes a private airplane 8.74 hours to make the 2100 mile flilght from Atlanta to Los Angeles and 5 hours to make the return trip. Assuming that the wind blows at a constant rate from Los Angeles to Atlanta, find the air speed of the plane and the wind speed.
Post a homework question on speed:
How Others Use Our Site
I am hoping I will learn how to do word problems related to Solving Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables. It is an area I am having the most trouble.. especially related to distance (2 autos traveling at different speeds, etc.) problems where speed is unknown.
A picture is worth a thousand words, and watching the videos is like reading chapters of the textbook in ligthening speed with great understanding of the material.
If I didn`t have dial-up and could have fast enough speed to watch and listen to the videos.. I think this would be one of the three best sites yet to help out with my tutoring for the pre-teens and teens here.
God bless and thank you so much.
To better understand math and to go at my own speed with the crowd of a class full of people.
Improve speed overall.
Post a Comment